Trauma Scene Safety & Clean-Up For Property Management Companies
Handling the aftermath of a death on your property is a sensitive ordeal. Although a mortician or coroner will remove a body from your rental property the matter of cleanup is left to the landlord/property owner. Once a human body begins to decompose the entire house becomes a biohazard scene containing potential infections and diseases throughout. Failure to adequately remediate after a death occurs in one of your commercial or residential properties may lead to further issues with other properties near your property.
- Human waste including bodily fluids, urine, and feces can contain E. coli, norovirus, and pinworms.
- Bloodborne pathogens including Hepatitis A, Hepatitis C, and HIV can be found in the area where the body was found including the floors, walls, mattresses, and furniture.
- Along with the physical health risk of individuals cleaning up after a death has occurred, there is also the mental health risk if the person was a loved one. The psychological damage should not be discounted.
PPE & Clean-Up
SERVPRO of Kernersville is your area leader in human waste clean-up including crime scenes and biohazard remediation.
- Each of our crew members is equipped with the necessary PPE to complete the biohazard remediation process including hazmat suits, goggles, respirators, and disposable gloves.
- Adding to the IICRC training, biohazard remediation equipment, and readiness our team possesses; SERVPRO has industrial-grade chemicals to properly disinfect and deodorize your home. A decomposing body can also leave a foul smell in your home which may harm the potential resale value.
If your home, rental property, or business is in need of one of our other services whether for fire, water, flood, mold, or storm damage; call the experts today – SERVPRO of Kernersville, (336) 748-0250.