What Items Can Be Saved After Your Home Floods?
Rain, rain, and more rain. They’re moments in the year, sometimes too many where our community goes days on end with rain. Then changing over to snow and ice in the winter if the temperatures manage to drop below freezing for a substantial amount of time. While snow is pretty to look at, what often accompanies it is a fearful weather condition. Ice can cause trees to topple over onto your roof creating a hole where water can seep into all areas of your home including the basement.
Falling trees can rupture the pipes of your home as well which may cause hundreds if not more gallons of water to spew out into your basement, flooring, walls, and ceiling. Any amount of standing water in your home may spell disaster if not mitigated promptly. Significant water damage can begin to warp your hardwood floors, stain your carpeting, and create a mold growth situation.
Calling an experienced water cleanup crew with IICRC Certification and experience in restoration is key to beginning the process of getting your home back to normal. Our team is trained in proper drying methods and mold testing to help keep your family safe. We’ll also reconstruct your house after it’s been restored to streamline the process.
When many customers call our office to request our services it’s critical you’ve already completed a few tasks beforehand. Listed below are a few key steps homeowners should take if they experience water damage.
- Shut Off The Water Source
- Locate the cut-off valve in your home. It’s likely underneath your kitchen or bathroom sink.
- Do What You Can In Order To Mitigate The Damage
- Try to soak as much water as you can on your own using towels.
- Call A Water Cleanup Company
- Available 24/7 with 20+ years of experience and contractor license for repairs.
- Speak To Your Home Insurance Provider
- Save your insurance agent’s contact information on your phone, or write it down.
If your home or business is in need of our services whether for fire, water, or mold damage; perhaps even deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Kernersville, 336-748-0250.